- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup loosely packed, shredded basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 24 slices white sandwich bread, toasted
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast turkey breast
- 1 large tomato, cut into 16 thin slices
- 16 strips bacon, cooked until crisp, cooled
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves, cut in half widthwise
- calories 530
- fat 28 g
- satfat 7 g
- protein 32 g
- carbohydrate 39 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 80 mg
- sodium 1345 mg
How to Make It
Stir together mayonnaise, basil, parsley and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
Making one sandwich at a time, spread some herb mayonnaise on 1 side of 3 slices of bread. Layer 2 slices of turkey and 2 slices of tomato on 1 piece of toast, and top with a second, mayonnaise side up. Add 2 slices of bacon and 1 lettuce leaf. Top with third piece of toast, mayo side down.
Lightly press sandwich down and cut in half diagonally. Secure with toothpicks. Repeat to make remaining sandwiches.