Turkey Chili Burritos
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 422
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Sodium: 956mg
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- 1 pound ground lean turkey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 1 green bell pepper (about 1/2 lb.), rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 red onion (about 1/2 lb.), peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups tomato salsa
- 1 firm-ripe tomato (1/2 lb.), rinsed, cored, and chopped
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed Spanish-style olives
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (10 in.)
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, stir turkey, garlic, oil, bell pepper, and onion, breaking meat apart with a spoon, until juices evaporate and turkey is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Add 1/2 cup tomato salsa, the chopped tomato, green chilies, cilantro, olives, chili powder, ground cumin, and pepper. Stir often until the flavors are blended, about 10 minutes. Pour mixture into a bowl.
- 3. Meanwhile, stack flour tortillas and seal in foil. Bake in a 350° oven until hot in center (open packet to check), about 10 minutes. Put remaining tomato salsa, cheese, and lettuce in separate bowls.
- 4. To assemble each burrito, spoon 1/6 of the turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla, leaving about 2 inches bare at 1 end. Top equally with salsa, cheese, lettuce, and salt to taste. Fold bottom, then sides of tortilla over filling to enclose. Hold to eat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note