- 1 pound ground lean turkey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 1 green bell pepper (about 1/2 lb.), rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 red onion (about 1/2 lb.), peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups tomato salsa
- 1 firm-ripe tomato (1/2 lb.), rinsed, cored, and chopped
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed Spanish-style olives
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (10 in.)
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- calories 422
- caloriesfromfat 34 %
- protein 24 g
- fat 16 g
- satfat 5.2 g
- carbohydrate 45 g
- fiber 4.2 g
- sodium 956 mg
- cholesterol 73 mg
How to Make It
In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, stir turkey, garlic, oil, bell pepper, and onion, breaking meat apart with a spoon, until juices evaporate and turkey is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup tomato salsa, the chopped tomato, green chilies, cilantro, olives, chili powder, ground cumin, and pepper. Stir often until the flavors are blended, about 10 minutes. Pour mixture into a bowl.
Meanwhile, stack flour tortillas and seal in foil. Bake in a 350° oven until hot in center (open packet to check), about 10 minutes. Put remaining tomato salsa, cheese, and lettuce in separate bowls.
To assemble each burrito, spoon 1/6 of the turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla, leaving about 2 inches bare at 1 end. Top equally with salsa, cheese, lettuce, and salt to taste. Fold bottom, then sides of tortilla over filling to enclose. Hold to eat.