Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 Medium onion Chopped approx 1c
- 1 Carrot Chopped approx 1/2c
- 2-3 Red bell peppers Chopped approx 2c
- 2 Garlic cloves Minced approx 2t
- 2 tablespoon(s) Chili powder To taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 pound(s) ground turkey (I use ground turkey thighs for more flavor)
- 3 cup(s) Chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) cider or white vinegar
- 2-15 ounce(s) black beans Drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Heat the oil in a large, thick bottomed pot (6 to 8 quart) on medium heat. Add the chopped onion, carrot, and bell peppers, sprinkle with salt and cook until softened, about 6-8 minutes.
- 2 Add the minced garlic, chili powder, and cumin and cook for a minute more. Add the ground turkey and break it up with a wooden spoon. Increase the heat to medium high. Stir and cook until the turkey is no longer pink.
- 3 Add the chicken stock, oregano, bay leaf, vinegar, and tomato paste. Use a straight edge spatula or wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the black beans. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, and cook, covered for half an hour, and uncovered for another half hour, or until the the liquid thickens. Remove bay leaf.
- Adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice or heated corn tortillas.
- Yield: Serves 6.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenniferSFH and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Turkey chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes