- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon(s) black peppercorns
- 1 bunch parsley stems
- 4 carrots thickly sliced
- 4 celery ribs
- 2 pound(s) chicken wings
- 8 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 4 large onions, thickly sliced
- 1 cup(s) mushroom trimmings or diced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 2 sprig(s) thyme
- Turkey neck, heart, gizzard
- 1 gallon(s) water
- 1. Brown the bones and turkey neck in the oven on low heat.
- 2. Put bones in a large kettle and add the water, gizzrds and heart. Bring to a boil slowly. Skim the surface as needed. Simmer for 5 hours.
- 3. Tie the herbs, garlic, and peppercorns into a piece of cheesecloth. Tie string to pot handle and immerse cheesecloth into pot.
- 4. Add the carrots, onions, mushrooms and celery. Boil for one hour.
- 5. Remove from heat, strain through cheesecloth, skim and cool. Refrigerate. Fat may be skimmed once sets for low fat stock. .
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RoseHaven and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note