Turkey Cheeseburgers With Rosemary Onions
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 320
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 30.8g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 783mg
- Calcium: 138mg
- 1 (20-oz.) package lean ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (4-oz.) package goat cheese, sliced*
- 6 (1.5-oz.) whole grain white hamburger buns
- Toppings: lettuce leaves, Dijon mustard, tomato slices
- 1. Gently combine first 4 ingredients. Shape mixture into 6 thin patties; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- 2. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and rosemary, and sauté 10 minutes or until onion is tender and golden. Remove onion mixture from skillet.
- 3. Melt remaining 1/2 Tbsp. butter in same skillet over medium heat. Cook patties 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in center. Place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet or broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- 4. Top each patty evenly with onion mixture and 1 cheese slice. Broil 6 inches from heat 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Serve on hamburger buns with desired toppings.
- *4 oz. blue cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, or Swiss cheese may be substituted.
- Note: Nutritional analysis does not include toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Turkey Cheeseburgers With Rosemary Onions Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes