- 1 (20-oz.) package lean ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (4-oz.) package goat cheese, sliced*
- 6 (1.5-oz.) whole grain white hamburger buns
- Toppings: lettuce leaves, Dijon mustard, tomato slices
- calories 320
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 10.5 g
- satfat 5.7 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 30.8 g
- carbohydrate 25 g
- fiber 1.4 g
- cholesterol 89 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 783 mg
- calcium 138 mg
How to Make It
Gently combine first 4 ingredients. Shape mixture into 6 thin patties; cover and chill 30 minutes.
Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and rosemary, and sauté 10 minutes or until onion is tender and golden. Remove onion mixture from skillet.
Melt remaining 1/2 Tbsp. butter in same skillet over medium heat. Cook patties 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in center. Place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet or broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
Top each patty evenly with onion mixture and 1 cheese slice. Broil 6 inches from heat 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Serve on hamburger buns with desired toppings.
*4 oz. blue cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, or Swiss cheese may be substituted.
Note: Nutritional analysis does not include toppings.