Turkey Burgers with Spicy Pickle Sauce
Photo: © Quentin Bacon
- 1/2 cup fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled hot peppers
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 6 wholes wheat english muffins or hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce and sliced red onion and tomatoes, for serving
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt with the dill pickles and hot peppers and season with salt and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, gently knead the turkey with the paprika and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt. Form the meat into 6 patties, about 3/4 inch thick. Brush the patties with olive oil and season lightly with salt and black pepper. Grill the patties over moderately high heat, turning once or twice, until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Grill the English muffins on both sides until toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the pickle sauce on the English muffins. Top with the burgers, lettuce, onion and tomatoes. Close the sandwiches and serve right away.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches