Great gourmet style turkey burger. Couldn't find reduced fat white cheddar cheese slices so I had to settle for regular white cheddar.
Turkey Burgers with Cranberry-Apple Relish
Photo: Brian Woodcock; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 415
- Fat: 17.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Protein: 30.2g
- Carbohydrate: 36.3g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 648mg
- Calcium: 194mg
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped apple
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1/2-ounce) slices reduced-fat white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup baby arugula leaves
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 1. Place first 5 ingredients in a mini food processor. Pulse 10 times or until coarsely chopped. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- 2. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Combine onion, breadcrumbs, parsley, sage, pepper, turkey, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, stirring just until combined. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 4-inch patty.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; grill 5 minutes. Turn patties; grill 3 minutes. Top each with 1 cheese slice; grill 2 minutes or until cheese melts and turkey is done.
- 4. Divide arugula evenly among bottom halves of buns. Top each serving with 1 patty. Divide relish evenly among servings; top with top halves of buns.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This