Finally found a good turkey burger recipe! This recipe has unbelievable flavor, you must fix it with the pesto mayo! Both my kids loved them and said that they wanted to take the leftovers to school. Five stars all the way!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 scallions including green tops, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, beaten to mix
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 pound provolone cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons pesto, store-bought or homemade
- 1 10- inch round or 8-by-10-inch rectangle of focaccia
- 1/2 pound tomatoes, sliced
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, scallions, 3/4 teaspoon salt, the pepper, milk, and egg. Form the mixture into four patties, each about 1-inch thick.
- 2. In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the turkey burgers and cook for 5 minutes. Turn and then top each burger with the provolone cheese. Cook until just done, about 6 minutes longer.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and the pesto. Cut the focaccia into quarters. Cut each piece in half horizontally. Spread the cut surfaces of each piece with the pesto mayonnaise.
- 4. Top the bottoms of the focaccia with the turkey burgers and then the tomato slices. Sprinkle the tomato with a pinch of salt. Cover with the top piece of focaccia.
- Menu Suggestions: Burgers go best with other finger food--oven-roasted potato wedges and raw carrot or fennel sticks, for example.
- Wine Recommendation: This meaty sandwich should be paired with a fresh, full-flavored red, perhaps one made from the versatile, food-friendly barbera grape. Several are imported from Italy's Piedmont region.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This