Turkey Burger Patty Melts
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buff Hargett
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup canned whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 12 sourdough bread slices
- 6 (3/4-oz.) Monterey Jack cheese slices
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh arugula
- 1. Heat pecans in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Combine ground turkey, next 3 ingredients, and pecans in a large bowl. Shape into 6 (1/2-inch-thick) patties, shaped to fit bread slices.
- 3. Cook patties in a large lightly greased skillet over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- 4. Stir together cranberry sauce and Dijon mustard. Spread 1 Tbsp. cranberry mixture on 1 side of each bread slice. Layer 6 sourdough bread slices with Monterey Jack cheese, arugula, and turkey burgers; top with remaining bread slices, cranberry mixture side down.
- 5. Cook sandwiches, in 2 batches, on a hot griddle or in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches