This was very good. I used milk instead of heavy cream. The rest of the recipe was exact. My husband I and I enjoyed this.
More From Health
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 238mg
- Calcium: 184mg
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli crowns, cut into long spears
- 3 cups turkey (light and dark meat, shredded into large pieces), warmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups homemade turkey broth or low-sodium canned broth, heated
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook broccoli about 5 minutes, or until tender; drain. Butter a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish; arrange broccoli across the bottom. Top with turkey; cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté onions and mushrooms until golden brown (add a little broth if mixture seems dry). Add flour, and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 to 5 minutes, or until thick. Stir in sherry; cook 1 minute. Add cream and 1/4 cup Parmesan; simmer 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, arrange a rack 6 inches below the heat source, and preheat the broiler to high. Pour sauce over turkey. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and almonds. Broil for 1 minute, or until the sauce bubbles and the almonds are golden brown.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note