1. Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions; let cool completely (about 30 minutes). Coarsely crumble cornbread (about 3 cups).
2. Rinse turkey, and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add turkey to skillet, skin side down, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Remove from skillet. Add onion and next 3 ingredients to skillet, and saute 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
4. Stir together onion mixture, stuffing mix, eggs, low-sodium chicken broth, and crumbled cornbread in a large bowl.
5. Place stuffing mixture in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with turkey, skin side up. Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 170° and stuffing registers 165°. Remove turkey from slow cooker, and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Martha White Buttermilk Cornbread Mix and Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing.