Turkey and Black Bean Chili
Take advantage of packaged seasoning mixes, such as the chili mix called for below. Seasoning mixes are great because they include a number of spices in one package so they cut down on the time it takes to measure individual spices. We used canned black beans here but pinto or kidney beans are equally good.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 (1.25-oz.) package chili seasoning mix
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes in sauce or crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, fresh cilantro sprigs, diced avocado
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add turkey and salt; cook, stirring until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink. Push meat to outer edges of pan, and add onion and garlic to center of pan. Sauté 3 minutes.
- Add chili seasoning, and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, broth, chipotle pepper, and 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add beans; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This