- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 (1.25-oz.) package chili seasoning mix
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes in sauce or crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, fresh cilantro sprigs, diced avocado
How to Make It
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add turkey and salt; cook, stirring until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink. Push meat to outer edges of pan, and add onion and garlic to center of pan. Sauté 3 minutes.
Add chili seasoning, and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, broth, chipotle pepper, and 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add beans; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with desired toppings.