From Good Housekeeping
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 1/4 pound(s) lean ground turkey
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound(s) red or yellow peppers finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 can(s) (28 oz.) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 can(s) (15 oz. each) no-salt-added white kidney (cannellini) or pink bea rinsed and drained
- cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- In 7 to 8 quart saucepot, heat oil on medium-high. Add onion and cook 5 minutes or until softened and brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add turkey and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook 3 minutes or until meat browns, stirring and breaking up meat with wooden spoon.
- Add red peppers; cook 4 minutes or until just softened, stirring occasionally. Add chili powder and cumin and cook 1 minute, stirring often.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into serving bowls; garnish with cilantro sprigs.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mthompson82 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Turkey-Bean Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews