Turkey-Basil Monte Cristo Sandwiches
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 312
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 24.5g
- Carbohydrate: 34.9g
- Cholesterol: 133mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 1220mg
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Calcium: 295mg
- 4 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 ounces (1/4-inch-thick) sliced deli turkey
- 2 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese or Jarlsberg cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with 1/2 teaspoon mustard. Divide turkey, Swiss cheese, and tomato slices evenly between 2 slices of coated bread. Sprinkle with pepper and top with remaining 2 bread slices, mustard side down.
- Combine egg, egg white, milk, and chopped basil in a shallow dish; stir well with a whisk.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot. Add 1/2 teaspoon butter. Dip both sides of each sandwich into egg mixture and place in pan. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and sandwiches are golden.
- Cut sandwiches diagonally in half, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This