Excellent! So easy to make ahead and keep in the refrigerator. We usually cut back a bit on the bacon & add either arugula or baby spinach for a bit of green. The whole family eats it.
Turkey, Bacon, and Havarti Sandwich
Havarti is a Danish cheese that is semisoft with small irregular holes and a mild flavor; substitute Muenster or Swiss if you can't find it.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1 (7-inch) round sourdough bread loaf
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced smoked deli turkey
- 6 (1-oz.) Havarti cheese slices
- 1 (12-oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and sliced
- 4 fully cooked bacon slices
- 1. Cut top 2 inches off sourdough loaf, reserving top; hollow out loaf, leaving a 1-inch-thick shell. (Reserve center of bread loaf for other uses, if desired.)
- 2. Drizzle 2 Tbsp. vinaigrette evenly in bottom bread shell; layer with half each of turkey, cheese, and peppers. Repeat layers with remaining turkey, cheese, and peppers, and top with bacon. Drizzle evenly with remaining 2 Tbsp. vinaigrette, and cover with reserved bread top; press down firmly.
- 3. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours before serving. Cut into 4 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note