Turkey, Bacon, and Avocado Summer Rolls
Like a turkey club, only lighter and fresher. To turn these rolls into a fun party appetizer, set out the fillings and a metal bowl of warm (about 100°) water, and let your guests roll their own.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 353
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Sodium: 249mg
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- 6 rice paper wrappers (8 in. diameter)
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves (6 to 7 in.)
- 6 slices turkey (about 7 oz.) from a whole cooked turkey breast
- 4 ounces jicama (from 1 small), peeled and cut into julienne
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 1/4 sweet onion, such as Maui, very thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green jalapeño, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch Thai basil or regular basil
- 1. Dip a rice paper wrapper in warm water for a few seconds--just until it's pliable. Lay on plate and let sit 10 to 15 seconds, so the water soaks in.
- 2. Layer one-sixth of fillings on the bottom third of the wrapper, starting with lettuce.
- 3. Lift filled edge up and over fillings and keep rolling it away from you, tucking fillings in firmly but gently and folding in the sides. (Stretching the wrapper as you roll helps.) Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per roll.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes