- 1 bone-in half turkey breast (about 2 lbs.; see Notes)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 avocados, cut into 1/2-in. dice (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into 1/2-in. dice
- 6 thick slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- 8 to 10 slices hearty whole-grain wheat bread
- calories 322
- caloriesfromfat 56 %
- protein 20 g
- fat 20 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- carbohydrate 18 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- sodium 513 mg
- cholesterol 52 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Put turkey breast in a 9- by 13-in. roasting pan and rub with olive oil. Sprinkle all over with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper and rub in evenly. Roast turkey until the thickest part of the breast reaches 160°, about 70 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard skin, then cut meat into 1/2-in. dice (you will have about 3 cups turkey).
Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, chives, and remaining salt and pepper.
Put turkey, avocados, cherry tomatoes, and bacon in a large bowl; stir gently to combine. Add lime-mayonnaise dressing and stir to evenly coat filling.
Spoon sandwich filling onto 4 or 5 slices of bread and top with remaining slices. Cut each in half and serve.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per half-sandwich.