Turkey Avocado Dagwoods
Just like taxes, leftovers are a sure thing. But after you take a bite of this super sandwich, you may start planning on leftovers!
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 8 slices purple onion
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Monterey Jack or provolone cheese
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 (1/4"-thick) slices roasted turkey breast
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place bacon on a microwave-safe rack in a baking dish; cover with paper towels. Microwave at HIGH 7 to 8 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Drain bacon, and set aside.
- 2. Spread mayonnaise on toast; layer avocado, bacon, onion, and next 4 ingredients each on 4 slices bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread slices. Garnish with sweet pickles, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note