LOVED THIS!! Such interesting flavors. I had this sandwich all week and made some for my husband. A nice change up from the regular turkey sandwich. Will make again!
Grilled Turkey, Apple, and Cheddar Sandwiches
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 344
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 674mg
- Calcium: 390mg
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 Granny Smith apple, grated (about 1 cup)
- 8 (1-ounce) slices multigrain bread
- 8 teaspoons mango chutney (such as Major Grey's)
- 4 (1-ounce) slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces sliced lower-sodium turkey (such as Boar's Head)
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine parsley and apple in a bowl. Spread each of 4 bread slices with 2 teaspoons chutney. Top evenly with cheese, turkey, apple mixture, and remaining 4 bread slices. Coat sandwiches with cooking spray.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sandwiches to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn sandwiches; cover and cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note