- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 Granny Smith apple, grated (about 1 cup)
- 8 (1-ounce) slices multigrain bread
- 8 teaspoons mango chutney (such as Major Grey's)
- 4 (1-ounce) slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces sliced lower-sodium turkey (such as Boar's Head)
- Cooking spray
- calories 344
- fat 11.6 g
- satfat 6 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 19 g
- carbohydrate 41 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 40 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 674 mg
- calcium 390 mg
How to Make It
Combine parsley and apple in a bowl. Spread each of 4 bread slices with 2 teaspoons chutney. Top evenly with cheese, turkey, apple mixture, and remaining 4 bread slices. Coat sandwiches with cooking spray.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sandwiches to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn sandwiches; cover and cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.