Turkey and Quinoa Meatloaf
"I always found Turkey Meatloaf to be quite disappointing. The flavor is usually lacking as well as the texture. Well I have developed this Turkey Meatloaf that has a great texture and a surprisingly good flavor (My brother couldn't even tell that it wasn't beef)! The secret is the quinoa, which adds wonderful texture and is much nuttier than breadcrumbs. I hope you enjoy this recipe!" — Drew
Cool: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) quinoa
- 1/2 cup(s) Water
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 1 Large clove Garlic Chopped
- 20 ounce(s) ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 1 Egg
- 11/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) Water
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute; remove from heat to cool.
- Stir the turkey, cooked quinoa, onions, tomato paste, hot sauce, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire, egg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. The mixture will be very moist. Shape into a loaf on a foil lined baking sheet. Combine the brown sugar, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Rub the paste over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 50 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Let the meatloaf cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Michael5112 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note