Turkey and Hot Sausage Chili
Emeril Lagasse's Turkey and Hot Sausage Chili
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 12 ounces hot Italian sausage, removed from casings and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons Essence, recipe follows
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped, roasted and peeled green poblano or Anaheim chiles
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) lager beer
- 1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes with their juice
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans, or canned beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese, garnish
- Tortilla chips, accompaniment
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the turkey, sausage and Essence, and cook, stirring, until the meat is no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, and chilies, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beer and tomatoes, and beans. Stir well, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally to prevent the chili from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Remove from the heat and add the cilantro. Adjust the seasoning, to taste, and cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
- To serve, ladle into large bowls and sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup of cheese. Serve tortilla chips on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RKManning and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note