Needs quantity of turkey listed in ingredients list
Turkey and Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers w/ Tangy Tomato Sauce
Turkey and brown rice stuffed bell peppers with tomato puree sauce.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 whole(s) bell peppers
- 1 cup(s) cooked brown rice
- 1 can(s) low sodium or sodium free tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon(s) white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) low fat shredded cheese
- 1 whole(s) tomato puree
- 1/2 whole(s) onion chopped
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 8 tablespoon(s) water
- 1-1/2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 dash(es) salt optional
- 4 tablespoon(s) sour cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut tops off of bell peppers and clean the seeds and insides out. Boil all four peppers for 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove from water and place upside down on a paper towels to remove any excess water.
- Meanwhile, on medium-high heat, brown turkey in 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt (salt is optional) in skillet, then add onions. After onions are soft, add 2 tbsp water, black pepper, cumin and chili powder. Mix and let simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- While browning turkey, in small saucepan, bring 8 tbsp water to boil, add vinegar and simmer for 2 min. Turn heat down to medium-low, then add crushed tomatoes, tomato soup, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, sugar and 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Mix well and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Spray 9x9 casserole with olive oil cooking spray. Place peppers right side up in casserole and fill each pepper with 1/4 cup of brown rice. Add 1 tbsp tomato mixture in each pepper. Then add meat/onion mixture. Drizzle small amounts of tomato mixture over all four peppers. Set aside remaining sauce.
- Spray foil with cooking spray and cover peppers, cook for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle each pepper with shredded cheese. Place in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let stand for 5 minutes, and drizzle remaining tomato mixture over peppers. Serve with a dollop of sour cream - (optional).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Colofire and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note