turkey and black bean chili
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can(s) (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free sour cream
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 3/4 pound(s) ground skinless turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded fat-free sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced scallions
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the turkey and cook, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the vegetables are very tender, about 30 minutes. Serve with the cheese, sour cream and scallions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nwammel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note