Easy easy go-to chili for a weeknight! The original recipe I found on Real Simple on-line but I made some changes: no green pepper (I can't eat it) and used 1 pound of turkey which makes it heartier. I also cook it longer so it thickens a bit more. Yum!!
Turkey and Bean Chili Recipe
Adapted from the recipe in Real Simple website.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 pound(s) ground turkey, dark meat
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 can(s) 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 can(s) 15-oz kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- cilantro sprigs for serving
- 1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4-6 minutes.
- 2. Add the turkey and cook, breaking up with spoon, until no longer pink, 3-5 minutes.
- 3. Stir in the tomato paste, cumin, chili powder. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 4. Add the tomatoes and their juices, beans, 1/2 cup water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- 5. Reduce heat and simmer; stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 15-30 minutes.
- 6. Serve the chili with the sour cream and cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 22Janet and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Turkey and Bean Chili Recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes