Turkey- And- Bean Burritos
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 flour tortillas (8" diameter)
- Preheat the oven to 375. 2. Coat a large saucepan with no-stick spray and warm over medium heat. Add the turkey, onions and garlic and saut for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the turkey is no longer pink. If necessary, add a small amount of water to the pan to prevent sticking. 3. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, picante sauce, chili powder and salt (if using). Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat for 10 minutes. 4. In a small bowl, toss together the fat-free Cheddar and reduced-fat Cheddar. 5. Coat a no-stick baking sheet with no-stick spray. 6. Place a tortilla on a flat work surface. Spoon a generous 1/2 cup of the turkey mixture onto the tortilla, positioning it slightly off-center. Sprinkle with a scant 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture. Carefully roll up the tortilla and place, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, turkey mixture and cheese. 7. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the cheese is mostly melted and the tortillas begin to crisp around the edges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EllenFL and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Turkey- And- Bean Burritos Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes