Turkey Albondigas Soup
My kids love this!!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 16 Baby Carrots, sliced
- 2/3 cup(s) Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 head(s) Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 can(s) Chicken Stock
- 2 bunch(es) Cilantro
- 1 can(s) Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 8 Garlic Cloves
- 1-1/2 pound(s) Ground Turkey Breast
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 2 Small Jalapeno, chopped
- 3 Small Leeks, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoon(s) White Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray large cookie sheet (with sides) with cooking spray.
- Remove cilantro leaves from stems. Puree olive oil, garlic cloves, cilantro leaves, 1 t. salt, and 1 t. pepper in food processor. In large bowl, mix turkey, egg, and cilantro paste. Add bread crumbs. Roll into small walnut sized meatballs. Place meatballs on prepared cookie sheet and bake in oven for 25 minutes. Shake meatballs every 10 minutes or so to try to brown evenly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large stockpot. Saute leeks and carrots with 1 t. salt and 1 t. pepper for 2-4 minutes. Add cabbage and jalapeno. Cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are limp. Add tomatoes and cook for 1 more minute. Add chicken stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked meatballs to the simmering stock. Cook for 5-10 more minutes. Stir in vinegar.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JulieI and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note