This is the best turkey I have ever eaten.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) turkey
- 6 sprig(s) fresh rosemary, thyme, sage tied in bunches
- 1 kosher salt
- 1/2 bag(s) frozen carrots
- 4 stalk(s) celery
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 3 stick(s) butter
- Salt down bird inside with kosher salt 24 hrs in advance. cover with foil refridgerate.
- Next day, prepare Turkey by smashing butter/margarine sticks between meat and skin on breast side both sides, then put sprigs of herbs under skin. stuff turkey, rub whole turkey with oil, salt ,pepper and garlic powder, Put flour on bottom of turkey bag, then carrot, celery, and onion pour in broth.
- Place breast side down in bag on top of flour and veggies, tie bag shut cut slits in top, make sure the tied end is in the pan good or juices will run out. takes about 3 1/2 hours for 20.46lb turkey.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dakotababy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Turkey Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes