- 1 tablespoon garlic-flavored oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 4 (6-ounce) turbot fillets or other firm fish fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 small carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro leaves, sliced green onion
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large (12-inch) deep skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic, and cook 1 minute. Stir in broth and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
Arrange fish and next 3 ingredients in broth. Cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until fish is just flaky and vegetables are tender. Place fillets in shallow bowls; top evenly with broth mixture and vegetables. Garnish, if desired.