Tuna with Tangy Onions
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 (3/4-inch-thick) tuna steaks (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Saute onion in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Continue cooking until most of the liquid evaporates (about 2 minutes). Remove onion mixture from skillet; keep warm. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle tuna with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; dredge in flour. Heat half of remaining olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 tuna steaks to skillet; cook 2 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Repeat procedure with remaining olive oil and tuna steaks. Serve with warm onion mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes