Tuna with Grape Tomatoes and Greens
Enjoy this French-style tuna salad thats not only great for your heart, but its also packed with plenty of veggies and topped with a fragrant vinaigrette for unbelievable flavor. And as a no-cook recipe (requires no stove time) you conserve energy in your own kitchen!
- 1 can (6 ounces) albacore white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 cup canned asparagus cuts and tips, drained and chilled
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves, washed, dried and shredded
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Place asparagus, tuna, chickpeas, lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- Whisk peanut oil, lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, hot-pepper sauce, capers and cilantro in a small bowl to make a vinaigrette.
- Toss vinaigrette with the salad ingredients; serve immediately.
- Servings: 4
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 270; Total fat 16g; Saturated fat 3g; Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 670mg; Carbohydrate 18g; Fiber 5g; Protein 15g; Vitamin A 35%DV*; Vitamin C 45%DV; Calcium 6%DV; Iron 15%DV
- *Daily Value
- Adapted from "The Get with the Program! Guide to Good Eating" by Bob Greene. Copyright 2003 by Bob Greene. Published by Simon & Schuster, Inc., N.Y. Reprinted by permission.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CannedFoodFan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tuna with Grape Tomatoes and Greens Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes