Tuna with Coconut-Curry Sauce
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 610
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 48g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 251mg
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons tamarind concentrate or lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste or curry powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 pounds boned tuna (ahi, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 in. thick)
- 1/2 cup chopped salted roasted cashews
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- 1. In a bowl, mix coconut milk, tamarind concentrate, and curry paste; stir in cilantro.
- 2. Rinse tuna, pat dry, and turn over in coconut milk sauce. Lift out fish; save the sauce.
- 3. Pour sauce into a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring. Or bring to a boil in a microwave-safe container in a microwave oven at full power (100%). Keep warm.
- 4. Lay tuna on a lightly oiled barbecue grill over a solid bed of very hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 1 to 2 seconds), close lid on gas grill. Cook tuna until bottom is pale color about 1/4 inch into fish (cut to test; center is red), about 2 minutes. Turn tuna with a wide spatula and cook until side on grill is the same color as it is on the top, and center is still pink to red, about 1 minute longer.
- 5. Stir cashews into rice, spoon onto plates, and top with equal portions tuna. Sprinkle with basil. Serve with warm coconut-curry sauce and add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note