- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons tamarind concentrate or lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste or curry powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 pounds boned tuna (ahi, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 in. thick)
- 1/2 cup chopped salted roasted cashews
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- calories 610
- caloriesfromfat 34 %
- protein 48 g
- fat 23 g
- satfat 13 g
- carbohydrate 52 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- sodium 251 mg
- cholesterol 77 mg
How to Make It
In a bowl, mix coconut milk, tamarind concentrate, and curry paste; stir in cilantro.
Rinse tuna, pat dry, and turn over in coconut milk sauce. Lift out fish; save the sauce.
Pour sauce into a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring. Or bring to a boil in a microwave-safe container in a microwave oven at full power (100%). Keep warm.
Lay tuna on a lightly oiled barbecue grill over a solid bed of very hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 1 to 2 seconds), close lid on gas grill. Cook tuna until bottom is pale color about 1/4 inch into fish (cut to test; center is red), about 2 minutes. Turn tuna with a wide spatula and cook until side on grill is the same color as it is on the top, and center is still pink to red, about 1 minute longer.
Stir cashews into rice, spoon onto plates, and top with equal portions tuna. Sprinkle with basil. Serve with warm coconut-curry sauce and add salt to taste.