This recipe is very simple, yet delicious. I would recommend making the salad to your own liking. If you like more olives add them; less oil or shallot. I would make this again, tweaking the recipe for a more subtle flavor, to take it to a barbecue.
Tuna and White Bean Salad
Serve Tuna and White Bean Salad over mixed greens, or make this tasty salad into sandwiches! Simply mash the beans and spread them inside 4 whole-grain pitas, then stuff in the remaining ingredients.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 475
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 11g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Sodium: 798mg
- 2 15-oz. cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 12-oz. can chunk light tuna packed in water, drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (quartered if large)
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Salad greens, optional
- In a large bowl, combine beans, tuna, tomatoes, olives, shallot and parsley. Drizzle oil and lemon juice over mixture. Toss well, season with salt and pepper, and serve over greens, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note