Fabulous! I did not use the butter, but just added everything else together in a bowl and put it on top of a bed of fresh spinach. I also added chopped purple onion and black olives.
Tuna and White Bean Salad
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 14.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 20.2g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 467mg
- Calcium: 65mg
- 20 asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups torn butter lettuce (about 1 head)
- 2 (5-ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in olive oil, drained and broken into chunks
- 1. Snap off tough ends of asparagus spears. Steam asparagus, covered, for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- 2. Combine capers and the next 7 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- 3. Place 1/4 cup juice mixture, cherry tomatoes, and beans in a small bowl; toss gently to combine.
- 4. Place 1 cup lettuce on each of 4 plates, and top each serving with 5 asparagus spears. Spoon about 1/2 cup white bean mixture over each serving, and divide tuna evenly among servings. Drizzle each salad with about 1 tablespoon remaining juice mixture.
- Sustainable Choice: Buy solid white (albacore) tuna. Look on the label for sustainable pole-caught fish.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes