- 20 asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups torn butter lettuce (about 1 head)
- 2 (5-ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in olive oil, drained and broken into chunks
- calories 270
- fat 14.6 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- monofat 7.4 g
- polyfat 2.5 g
- protein 20.2 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 5.6 g
- cholesterol 24 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 467 mg
- calcium 65 mg
How to Make It
Snap off tough ends of asparagus spears. Steam asparagus, covered, for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
Combine capers and the next 7 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
Place 1/4 cup juice mixture, cherry tomatoes, and beans in a small bowl; toss gently to combine.
Place 1 cup lettuce on each of 4 plates, and top each serving with 5 asparagus spears. Spoon about 1/2 cup white bean mixture over each serving, and divide tuna evenly among servings. Drizzle each salad with about 1 tablespoon remaining juice mixture.
Sustainable Choice: Buy solid white (albacore) tuna. Look on the label for sustainable pole-caught fish.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.