Light and refreshing. Definitely add lettuce it cuts the heat.
Tuna Tortas with Pico de Gallo
We loved the way the fresh tastes of cilantro and lime brightened the flavor of canned tuna in this Mexican-style sandwich created by Jennifer Lira. To seed tomatoes, cut in half crosswise; squeeze out and discard seeds and juice. If desired, garnish sandwiches with lettuce leaves.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 402
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Sodium: 1314mg
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- 1 can (6 oz.) solid white tuna packed in water
- 4 ounces Roma tomates, rinsed, seeded, cured, and chopped (see notes)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 2 fresh serrano chilies or other small hot chilies, rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sandwich rolls (3 oz. each), split in half horizontally
- 1. Drain tuna well; flake into a bowl with a fork. Stir in tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, onion, chilies, and salt.
- 2. Mound tuna equally on sandwich roll bottoms and set tops in place.
- Nutritional analysis per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note