excellent flavours, I did 1/2 as sliders and served 1/2 with sesame wonton chips baked in the oven. My only suggestion is to increase the amount of wasabi in the mayo and to make the veggie slices small enough to fit well on the slider tops
Tuna Tartare Sliders with Wasabi Mayo
For a little burger with big flavor, try Tuna Tartare Sliders with Wasabi Mayo. This succulent tuna slider comes with a wasabi kick.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 27 Minutes
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 22.2g
- Carbohydrate: 23.7g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 431mg
- Calcium: 241mg
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 16 (1/8-inch-thick) slices carrot
- 16 (1/8-inch-thick) slices cucumber
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 16 thin slices white bread
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 10 ounce sushi-grade albacore tuna steak, finely chopped
- 1 peeled avocado, halved lengthwise
- 8 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 lime wedges (optional)
- 1. Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce and vinegar in a medium bowl. Add carrot and cucumber; toss. Cover and chill 1 hour. Toss. Drain; set vegetables aside. Combine mayonnaise, wasabi, and juice in a small bowl, stirring well.
- 2. Preheat broiler to high.
- 3. Cut each bread slice into a 3-inch circle using a round cutter; reserve scraps for another use (such as breadcrumbs or croutons). Lightly coat both sides of bread rounds with cooking spray. Place bread rounds on a baking sheet in a single layer; broil 2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, chives, chile paste, and tuna in a large bowl; gently mix until blended. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture on one side of each bread round; top each with 1 lettuce leaf. Divide tuna mixture evenly among sliders, mounding about 2 tablespoons on each. Cut each avocado half into 8 slices. Place 2 avocado slices, 2 cucumber slices, and 2 carrot slices on each slider. Top each slider with remaining bread round, mayonnaise-coated side down. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note