Very tasty tapenade, and an easy way to jazz up fresh tuna.
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Gautro
With the exception of fresh basil, all the ingredients for this dynamite no-cook topping for the grilled tuna come out of a can, bottle, or tin, keeping prep time down to just a few minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata or niçoise olives
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste, optional
- 4 (6-ounce) ahi tuna fillets
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Set aside.
- Brush tuna with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve immediately with olive mixture.
- POUR: A glass of Chardonnay makes a fine pairing with meaty fish such as tuna. Try a full-bodied New World (think Pacific Coast) wine such as Geyser Peak. In the mood for red? Pour Calera Pinot Noir from California's Central Coast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note