I have been looking for this exact Coastal Living recipe for years, and have finally found it again. It is simply outstanding, but you MUST use only the best tuna, fresh limes and orange juice, and quality soy sauce. The result is fantastic!
The outside of the tuna will darken as it marinates. For the prettiest presentation, cut tuna pieces in half to show the pink inside.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound tuna, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- Garnish: uncooked rice noodles
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a stainless steel or glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving. Spoon into individual glasses; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers