- 1 small head green leaf lettuce, torn into large pieces
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cans tuna, drained
- 1/2 8.5-ounce can sliced beets, drained
- 6 scallions (white and light green parts), sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 baguette
- 1/3 cup black olive tapenade
- calories 700
- caloriesfromfat 34 %
- fat 31 g
- satfat 5 g
- cholesterol 37 mg
- sodium 1,899 mg
- carbohydrate 84 g
- fiber 5 g
- sugars 4 g
- protein 47 g
How to Make It
Divide the lettuce among individual plates and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil.
In a bowl, combine the tuna, beets, scallions, parsley, salt, pepper, and the remaining oil. Spoon alongside the lettuce.
Slice the baguette in half lengthwise, then cut each half crosswise into 4-inch-thick pieces. Spread the cut side of each piece with the tapenade. Serve with the lettuce and tuna.