Tuna Patties **Gluten free version
Community Recipe from
- 2-6 ounce(s) cans tuna drained but reserve 1 TBSP
- 2 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup(s) gluten free bread torn in to small pieces
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) water (or liquid from cans of tuna)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) chives, green onion, or shallots chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- a couple squirts of Crystal hot sauce ot tabasco
- 1 whole(s) large egg
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) butter
- 1. Drain the liquid from the tuna cans. If you are using tuna packed in water, reserve a tablespoon of the tuna water, and add a teaspoon of olive oin to the tuna mixture in the text step.
- 2. In a medium bowl, mxs together the tuna, mustard, torn bread, lemon zest, lemon juice, water, parsley, chives, and hot sauce. Sprinkle on salt and pepper. Taste the mixture before adding the egg to see if it needs more seasoning to your taste. Mix in the egg.
- 3. Divide the mixtre into 4 parts. With each part, form into a ball and then flatten into a patty. Place onto wax paper lined tray and chill for an hour. (You can skip thie shilline if you want, chilling just helps the pattied stay together while you cook them.)
- 4. Heat the olive oil and a little butter (for taste) in a cast irom or stick-free skillet on medium high. Gently place the patties in the pan, ancd cook until nicely browned, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with wedges of lemon. You can also serve with tarter sauce on slider buns for a tuna burger.
- makes 4 patties
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JanisLaVelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note