- 1 1/4 pounds small round red potatoes
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 1/4 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 1/2 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into thin strips
- 2 (6-ounce) cans low-sodium chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 4 large pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked egg whites, chopped
- calories 267
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- fat 4.1 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- monofat 2.1 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 23.5 g
- carbohydrate 32.6 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 19 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 460 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cook potatoes in a saucepan in boiling water to cover 15 minutes. Drain and let cool; cut into thin slices.
Cook beans in a medium saucepan in boiling water 3 to 5 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender; drain and chill.
Place potato in a shallow dish. Combine wine and 2 tablespoons vinegar. Drizzle over potato, turning to coat; set aside.
Combine remaining 1/2 cup vinegar, chicken broth, capers, Dijon mustard, dried thyme, olive oil, and sugar; stir well with a wire whisk.
Combine salad greens and 1/2 cup vinegar mixture, tossing lightly. To serve, place 2 cups salad greens on each of 4 plates. Arrange potato, beans, red pepper, tuna, and olives on salad greens. Drizzle remaining vinegar mixture evenly over salads. Sprinkle evenly with chopped egg whites.