- 1 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, divided
- 1 pound tuna or salmon steaks or 2 cans (6 oz. ea.) tuna, drained and flaked
- 12 ounces potatoes, unpeeled and cubed (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 8 cups mesclun or mixed salad greens
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata or ripe olives, halved
How to Make It
Pour 1/4 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing over tuna in large, shallow nonaluminum baking dish or plastic bag; turn to coat. Cover, or close bag, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, add potatoes to 2-quart saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Add green beans and continue cooking an additional 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender and green beans are crisp-tender; drain. Toss warm potatoes and green beans with 1/4 cup Dressing.
Remove tuna from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill or broil tuna, turning once and brushing frequently with an additional 1/4 cup Dressing, 8 minutes or until tuna is desired doneness. Cut tuna into thin slices.
Arrange salad greens on serving platter. Top with eggs, tomato, sliced tuna and olives. Drizzle with remaining Dressing.
Also terrific with Wish-Bone® Robusto Italian Dressing.
Cost per recipe*: $18
Cost per serving*: $70
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
Photo Copyright© 2009 Publications International, Ltd. Used with permission.