Community Recipe from
- 2*5 ounce(s) cans chunk light tuna Drained
- 2 Medium shallot minced
- 2 low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 flat-leaf parsley minced
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- Dash hot sauce
- Ground pepper to taste
- 4 slice(s) whole-wheat bread toasted
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine tuna, shallot, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt, hot sauce and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture on each slice of toast; top with tomato slices and 2 tablespoons cheese. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes
- TIPS & NOTES
- Tip: Look for sustainable seafood, such as U.S.-caught chunk light tuna, preferably certified by the Marine Stewardship Council.
- Per serving: 209 calories; 7 g fat ( 4 g sat , 2 g mono ); 29 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 3 g fiber; 497 mg sodium; 355 mg potassium.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cmccloser and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tuna Melt Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches