In this updated tuna melt recipe, we go light on the mayo and top it with fresh tomato slices and shredded sharp Cheddar. This allows us to use considerably less cheese while ensuring that there’s great cheese flavor in each gooey bite of this healthy tuna melt recipe.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2*5 ounce(s) cans chunk light tuna Drained
- 2 Medium shallot minced
- 2 low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 flat-leaf parsley minced
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- Dash hot sauce
- Ground pepper to taste
- 4 slice(s) whole-wheat bread toasted
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine tuna, shallot, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt, hot sauce and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture on each slice of toast; top with tomato slices and 2 tablespoons cheese. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes
- TIPS & NOTES
- Tip: Look for sustainable seafood, such as U.S.-caught chunk light tuna, preferably certified by the Marine Stewardship Council.
- Per serving: 209 calories; 7 g fat ( 4 g sat , 2 g mono ); 29 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 3 g fiber; 497 mg sodium; 355 mg potassium.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cmccloser and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tuna Melt Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches