Tasty!! I'm not a big fan of zucchini, but the total flavor came together so nicely!!
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 255
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 21.3g
- Carbohydrate: 24.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 882mg
- Calcium: 314mg
- 2 medium zucchini (about 7 ounces each)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (1-ounce) slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 1 (9-ounce) can solid white tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 16 (1/4-inch-thick) slices plum tomato
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices 1/3-less-fat Swiss or fat-free American cheese
- Slice zucchini in half crosswise; then slice into 1/4-inch lengthwise slices.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of the zucchini; cook 5 minutes. Turn slices over, sprinkle with half of the herbs and pepper; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Repeat with remaining zucchini, herbs, and pepper. Divide zucchini slices evenly among toast slices.
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, and onion in a small bowl, stir well. Spread 1/2 cup tuna mixture over each zucchini-topped bread slice; top each with 4 tomato slices and 1 cheese slice.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet; broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This