Easy and delicious! My husband thought he was the expert on making tuna melts but high fived me after his and said this was the winner!
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 255
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 21.3g
- Carbohydrate: 24.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 882mg
- Calcium: 314mg
- 2 medium zucchini (about 7 ounces each)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (1-ounce) slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 1 (9-ounce) can solid white tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 16 (1/4-inch-thick) slices plum tomato
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices 1/3-less-fat Swiss or fat-free American cheese
- Slice zucchini in half crosswise; then slice into 1/4-inch lengthwise slices.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of the zucchini; cook 5 minutes. Turn slices over, sprinkle with half of the herbs and pepper; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Repeat with remaining zucchini, herbs, and pepper. Divide zucchini slices evenly among toast slices.
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, and onion in a small bowl, stir well. Spread 1/2 cup tuna mixture over each zucchini-topped bread slice; top each with 4 tomato slices and 1 cheese slice.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet; broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes