- 2 medium zucchini (about 7 ounces each)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (1-ounce) slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 1 (9-ounce) can solid white tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 16 (1/4-inch-thick) slices plum tomato
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices 1/3-less-fat Swiss or fat-free American cheese
- calories 255
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 6.9 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 1.6 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 21.3 g
- carbohydrate 24.7 g
- fiber 3.5 g
- cholesterol 31 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 882 mg
- calcium 314 mg
How to Make It
Slice zucchini in half crosswise; then slice into 1/4-inch lengthwise slices.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of the zucchini; cook 5 minutes. Turn slices over, sprinkle with half of the herbs and pepper; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Repeat with remaining zucchini, herbs, and pepper. Divide zucchini slices evenly among toast slices.
Combine tuna, mayonnaise, and onion in a small bowl, stir well. Spread 1/2 cup tuna mixture over each zucchini-topped bread slice; top each with 4 tomato slices and 1 cheese slice.
Place sandwiches on a baking sheet; broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.